The Complete Guide on How to Exfoliate Your Legs Properly
Every man and woman in the recent era craves for a glowing skin. However, it is not always possible to visit the beauty salon and wear a lot of makeup to create a wonderful look.
With the advancement in technologies, it has become quite easy to get rid of the unwanted skin pores, skin tanning, pimples, and other such skin-related issues.
Exfoliation is a technique that mainly functions by eliminating the dead and dry skin cells from the skin and thus, assists you to look fabulous in the easiest ways.
Apart from treating the skin problems, exfoliation also maintains and regulates the blood circulation in the body and thus, aiding the practitioner to get a fit yet glowing skin.
Since exfoliation mainly features the breakdown of hazardous toxins and promotes the development of fresh yet healthier skin cells, it is recommended to increase the intake of water after going through this process as more the water you drink, the more hydrated your skin will be.
Besides the above-mentioned advantages, exfoliating your legs and other skin parts can give you a variety of benefits. Some of them are as follows:
- Blemished skin – most of the people dealing with blemished skin prefer stripping the skin to eradicate bacteria and other harmful toxins from the skin. However, this can further cause dry skin, itching, and irritation in the same. On the other hand, if you wish to kill bacteria and toxins without affecting your skin health then nothing is easier than going with exfoliation. Moreover, if you have a dehydrated skin then exfoliation can remove the scaly portion from the same giving you a fresh and glowing skin.
- Removal of red and dark spots – the red and dark spots can be either caused due to infection or skin allergies. Exfoliating your skin twice a week is the best possible treatment that diminishes the skin spots by eliminating an infection. It further creates new skin cells by hydrating the skin.
- Pores – pores, especially the blackheads and whiteheads are the most frustrating skin issues that usually take a long period of time to vanish. But no need to worry now as if you are dealing with the skin pores then start using exfoliator scrubs and moisturizers and observes the changes within a short period.
- Skin pigmentation – pigmentation is the dark skin spots that mainly generates because of ageing, pregnancy, and alteration of your hormones. The skin pigmentation makes the spots become noticeable and apparent. In such cases, exfoliation functions by cutting down the pigmented cells and compelling the same to fade away. Apart from this, you can also try out the facials to encourage healthy skin reproduction.
- Ingrowing hairs –waxing is termed to be the effective technique that removes the skin hairs from the roots. Even though the hairs of the waxed skin grow after a long period of time, in some cases, it doesn’t penetrate through the skin those results in the creation of a red mark in that particular area. Since exfoliation is mainly known for the removal of dead skin cells, the same makes the breaking of the hair through the skin easy.
- General health benefits – exfoliating the skin results in enhanced blood circulation and the lymphatic system. It not only develops new skin cells but cut down the fat tissues, and drains out the impurity.
Beauty Tips – How to Exfoliate Your Legs Properly?
Gone are the days when people used to adjust the skin tanning, pores, blackheads, and other such issues.
In the recent times, exfoliation is widely adopted by a large number of people to get rid of the ingrown hairs, flaky and scaly skin, sun tanning, and much more.
If you are looking out for the step by step guide on exfoliating your legs then here I am presenting the tips to do it in the easiest manner:
- Steps 1 – in order to exfoliate your legs, you require a scrub that can be either bought from the online and retail stores or can be prepared at home using the natural ingredients. If you are buying the scrub then make sure to go through the ingredients used to prepare the particular scrub you are buying. This is to ascertain if the product contains any ingredient that is allergic to your skin. Besides that, avoid shaving your legs before exfoliating as the shave can make your skin too sensitive to apply the scrub.
- Step 2 – the next step is to turn your skin wet before applying scrub. It is advisable to use warm soapy water for the same.
- Step 3 – take a small amount of scrub and apply it gently over your knees (start with your knees as they are the roughest section of your legs). Follow circular motion to massage softly over the knees to ensure that you cover the entire surface of the same.
- Step 4 – once you are done with the knee massage, move on to your legs by spreading the scrub in a circular motion to the lower surface of your legs. Gradually you will observe the formation of the little particles in your legs that function by removing the dead and dry skin cells of your skin. Avoid rubbing it too hard on your legs as this may lead to the unwanted scratches and red spots. Move your hands up and down to cover the ankles, toe, knee, and the entire surface.
- Step 5 – once you have exfoliated your legs properly, rinse off the same. You can also opt for shaving the legs to make it look glowing and amazing yet it is not a compulsion.
- Step 5 – once your legs get dry, apply some soft moisturizer and cream in it to experience smooth and soft legs. Apart from the moisturizers, some people prefer coconut oil as it gives soothing effects to your skin.
- Step 6 – this method should be practised once or twice a week (depending on your skin complexion).
What Are The Best Exfoliators For Men?
Unlike the women’s skin, men’s skin is comparatively thicker and hard. In order to turn their skin smooth yet glowing, exfoliation is essential for men.
Some of the common men’s exfoliators that can make your skin brighter and healthier is as follows:
- Brickell Men’s Renewing face scrub – Brickell skin scrub comprises avocado oil, jojoba oil, and pumices that plays a vital role in soothing the hard and complex skin. It features 98% of natural ingredients while 70% organic products. Because of the presence of Pumice in this product, the same is widely utilized to eliminate the dead skin cells. Since it is mainly prepared for the natural and organic products; it is free of hazardous chemicals that can have a negative impact on the men’s skin.
- Rugged and Dapper, Daily powder Scrub – the willow bark is one of the major components of rugged and dapper exfoliator that lifts the dead skin cell. Apart from it, this daily powder scrub also contains burdock root (very rarely observed in the exfoliators) that is often considered as a natural astringent that diminishes the pore effects on your skin. So if you are dealing with various pores then Rugged and Dapper is the best exfoliator for you.
- Jack Black Face Buff Energizing Scrub – a dye-free, dermatologist examined, and naturally designed product that not only removes the dry skin cells but opens up the pores and gives you a fresh yet glowing look is that all provided by the Jack Black Face Buff cream. Due to the presence of Mentha Arvensis leaf oil and menthol in this scrub, the same is said to possess energizing properties.
- Biotherm Homme Facial Exfoliator – Biotherm possess the properties similar to that of the Jack black face scrub i.e., It is especially used to tackle the skin-issues such as tanned lines, ingrown hairs, pores, and etc. however, if you are applying it on your face them make certain that this product may not work effectively to lessen your dark circles or fine lines under the eyes.
The Bottom Line
If you are tired of the dry and dull skin of your legs then what is better than opting for exfoliation?
With minimum rates, this method can turn out to be the best possible ways to get rid of the pores, ingrowing hairs, and sun tanning.
According to certain clinical reports, it is suggested to opt for this method at least twice a week to see the instant changes.
If exfoliation of legs is not possible twice a week then make sure to do it at least once.
If you have decided to opt for exfoliation, make sure to apply the moisturizer with the neat hands to avoid unnecessary spots and bacterial infection on the same.
Also, utilize one of the top-most moisturizers (try to use a moisturizer that is comparatively lighter than the face creams if possible) to hydrate your entire skin.
Apart from this, it is equally essential to avoid exposing your skin to sun and the ultraviolet rays after undergoing the exfoliation procedure.